THINGS TO DO
Tel. +39 389 237 9670
Tusatrophy was born with the intention to give the visitors an opportunity to live a unique experience in a corner of paradise between the sea and the mountains, experiencing the magic of colours and flavours of Castel di Tusa with its fabulous hiking trails in the wild woods of Nebrodi, mountain biking among hills covered in olive trees and old farmhouses. Among the activities offered by Tusatrophy is a jeep safari tour through the Madonie and Nebrodi, with the option of an overnight stay in a mountain hut, a bivouac point and refreshment on the trails, sea excursions on paddle boards and boats dedicated to snorkelling among the fabulous coves and deserted beaches in a deep blue sea.
Here are all the activities offered by Tusatrophy:
- Boat trips: starting from Castel di Tusa, this coast tour will take you in the direction of Cefalù; the excursion includes several stops in the coves with the possibility of snorkelling. Includes drinks, fruit, snacks and a photo shoot.
- Mountain bike: in the beautiful setting of the park of Nebrodi and the Tardara forest, a fabulous excursion by mountain bike through unique landscapes for a total climb of 1000 meters, an option of bivouac in a wooden hut with dinner and breakfast service.
- Paddle-boards: excursion along the magnificent coast that goes from Castel di Tusa towards the final destination of Pollina with various stops along the way and the possibility of snorkelling. Energy bars, equipment and a photo shoot are included.
- Halaesa Valley trip: visit to the works of Antonio Presti and the Fiumara d’Arte passing through the ancient traverse that connects Castel di Lucio to Tusa with a panoramic view and the possibility to observe animals in the wild, we then continue towards Tusa with a stopover for lunch in a typical trattoria, and the final visit of the archaeological site of Halaesa.
- Trekking: Several routes in the valley of Halaesa and the Tardara forest, connected via the ancient paths between Tusa and S. Mauro, with the possibility of outdoor lunches in our equipped area and overnight stays in our hut in Tardara.
- Horse riding: In the setting of the Nebrodi park, fabulous horseback riding excursions with the possibility of outdoor picnics. We also offer the option of 2-3 day excursions, starting from Castelbuono in the direction of Tusa, the forest of Tardara, with arrival at our hut where dinner is served with local products, followed by an overnight stay. Then, after a hearty breakfast, we set out in the direction of San Mauro, crossing unique landscapes. A picnic lunch will be provided. The trip lasts 2 days with the possibility of the third day to visit the valley of Halaesa.
- Volcano Island excursion: Volcano Island excursion with trekking to the crater and a tour of the island by bike/ scooter/mehari, including a visit to the bay of monsters and the black sand beach, possibility a tour of the island by boat with various stops at the beautiful beaches accessible only by sea. The excursion includes transport, hydrofoil, rentals, a tour guide and packed lunch. The trip lasts all day, with the option of an overnight stay in gorgeous B&Bs.
- Jeep Trail Madonie e Halaesa Valley: Our jeep safari excursion is a wonderful adventure full of emotions, we will visit places and lands of the real wild Sicily, we will cross the Nebrodi, the Madonie and the Valley of Halaesa along ancient trazzere between woods and deserted landscapes. The fauna and flora will frame this adventure. Overnight in a typical mountain chalet nestled in the forest where dinner will be served around the fire. Breakfast and lunch in a typical trattoria are included in the price starting from a minimum of 2 participants to a maximum of 8.