THINGS TO DO
Would you like to jazz up your holiday to Cefalù with a little bit of adventure? With Quad Excursions you can spend some fun time exploring the mountains of the Madonie astride one of these nippy four-wheeled vehicles.
The magnificent Madonie Natural Park provides the opportunity to admire some magnificent scenery with its dirt tracks, imposing trees, rivers and so many different species of flora and fauna all in their natural state. This is a dream that became a reality born out of a passion for Enduro and Motocross and Quad Excursions is now able to make a fun and safe means of enjoying these excursions available to its clients.
Excursions on a quad bike
There are different types of excursions available ranging from the area directly in and around Cefalù to ancient shepherds’ trails and these also vary depending on the duration.
- There is one excursion that takes about an hour and consists of a tour around the boundaries of Cefalù, (about 20 kilometres). This is perfect for those who are coming to the world of quad bikes for the first time. The route is almost entirely on treated roads and will enable clients to admire the authentically wild beauty of the landscape thanks to the unique views away from the coast ranging from the mountainous hinterland to the spectacular valleys.
- Quad Excursions also organises excursions that last for four hours and travel along the ancient routes that were historically used by shepherds when tending their flocks. This sort of trip, which covers around 50 kilometres, is the most popular and the one that we most frequently recommend. Astride a quad, you will be able to reach the Shrine of Gibilmanna, which is about 14 kilometres from the city on the slopes of Pizzo Sant’Angelo, via asphalt roads. After a stop here, the excursion will continue on dirt tracks through the wooded mountains of the Madonie until you reach the medieval village of Castelbuono which is located in a valley at the foot of the Madonie mountains. After a short break here, the adventure will restart, heading off in the direction of the heart of the Madonie Natural Park where you can see perfect examples of the flora and fauna between the rocks and the greenery.
- Another type of excursion is one that goes to Piano Battaglia which takes about 8 hours and covers around 100 kilometres. This is undoubtedly more suitable for experienced drivers who are already very familiar with these four-wheeled vehicles as the route is definitely more demanding. After travelling towards Castelbuono, a wonderful trail leads to Piano Battaglia which is situated at 1500 metres above sea level and is more commonly known as a ski resort, although it has a wonderful natural charm throughout the year.
What exactly is a quad excursion?
In order to be able to sign up for a quad excursion, you must have reached the age of majority and be in possession of a valid driving licence. All the excursions include:
- the use of a quad that is suitable for use by 2 people and is equipped with a push-button sequential gear change;
- a short briefing about how to use the equipment and regarding safety practices;
- the presence of two guides, one at the front and one at the back;
- fuel, a helmet with a visor and third-party car insurance;
- collection for a minimum of 4 people.
The weather conditions must always be such as to allow an excursion in complete safety, therefore, cancellations or changes to the date may occur in the event that the weather conditions are likely to impede the safe operation of the quads.
With regard to clothing, it is recommended to wear either trainers or hiking boots with long trousers (preferably jeans) and a waterproof jacket.
The uniqueness of the service offered means that Quad Excursions can make a dream into a reality for those who are true fans of outdoor activities and the earthiness of unspoiled nature. Quad Excursions can provide you with an opportunity to test yourself with fun trips that are full of adventure and the chance to be completely surrounded by nature: this is an exciting experience like no other that will also enable you to admire the beauties of our wonderful land.